Saturday, January 31, 2015

FO: Red Hot Toe Up Socks

Can you get over this finishing streak? Earlier this week Morgan cocked her head to the side and said with no little bemusement, "It's not even February yet."

Don't worry kid, I got more coming.  February will be plenty busy.

Pretty sure the only thing sock blockers are good for is posing socks for photos.
Project Notes

Pattern: Double Gusset on Bottom Toe Up Sock by Carrie Ramirez
Yarn: Lion Brand Sock Ease Prints (I know, right?!) in the "Red Hots" colorway  (Don't judge, it was $3 on clearance and I am a sucker for orange.)
Needle: US 1.5 (2.5mm), 2 16" Knit Picks Circulars
Size:  68 sts, which in retrospect is probably 4 too many.  I used to knit myself 72 stitch socks. I'm not sure what happened there.
Started: November 23, 2014
Finished: January 31, 2015

I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy bind-off, and it performs exactly as advertised.  Overall, I would say that this was definitely a "positive toe-up experience."  I am not likely to become a full convert to toe-up socks, but my knitting pattern options just got a whole lot bigger.

See my Ravelry project page here for more pictures.

No comments: