Tuesday, January 27, 2015

FO: Denver Cowl

As promised and predicted, I bring you another FO.  I got my Denver Cowl to within a row and the bind-off Sunday night before I decided I was too tired and went to bed.  So last night it was just a wee spot of K1,P1 and a bind-off that was looser than your mom on a Saturday night.

Have I mentioned the light is pretty good in my office?
 I tried to get some nice FO shots Monday night, but between the lighting and an unenthusiastic model who would frankly rather be reading...

It is a good book.  I can't hardly blame her.
I cast this cowl on on January 1 as part of my Intention setting for the year (that sounded funny, cast on on ... but you know what I mean) so I am really glad that I got it finished in a timely manner.  Begin as you mean to go on, etc.

It was also part of the Yarniacs' "Self Indulgent Knitalong" -- I would definitely count my first exposure to this delicious yarn (yarn I bought at my first SAFF) as self-indulgent.  We are pleased.

Project Notes

Pattern:  Denver Cowl, a free Ravelry download by Veronica Parsons
Yarn:  487 yards of Miss Babs Yowza Whatta Skein in the "Coffee Break" colorway (if ever there was a yarn made just for me...)
Needles:  US 8 (5.0 mm) ChiaoGoo 32" Circular
Size:  260 Stitch cast on (me sized)
Started: January 1, 2015
Finished: January 26, 2015


See my Ravelry project page here for more pictures.

No comments: