Monday, February 27, 2012

VICTORY!

I am pleased to come to you today to report great victory in the field of battle.

The Absolutely Fabulous (aka Ab-Fab, aka Blanket of Perpetuousity, aka that Damned Rag, etc.) is complete.  Donezo.

Finished.

Actually, let me just say that again.

Finished.



I am trying to remember when I really bought this kit.  It could not have been earlier than 2001, nor later than 2004.  In there somewhere -- so at best I've been not finishing this thing for 8 years.  At worst, for 11.  That's a long damn time, yo.

But now it is done.

Afghan on Coffee Table
I've put it on every "February is for Finishing" list since the first one.  And until last year I never even touched it.  I listed it, and then ignored it.   Last year I decided to get serious about my abandoned projects problem, and I finished or flung all sorts of things (taking my original 25 projects down to 6.   I worked on the blanket a fair amount, but didn't really catch tail-wind on it.  I trotted it back out occasionally all throughout 2011, but I was not yet half-way done when this February started.

I'm not entirely sure why or how I finally decided "No really, this is it," but I am so glad that I did.  I feel really good about it.

It doesn't hurt that it's pretty either.  (These photgraphs don't really do it justice.  My camera phone can only do so much indoors and at night.)

Afghan on Couch

I also finished up the Wee Scarf for a Certain Miss.  It's really more of a neck tie than a proper scarf.  But that's okay too.  I think she'll like it.  (Pooh likes it.)

A Bear and a Wee Scarf
The scarf is a simple pattern of my own designing, made from a clearance "tape" yarn that I found in the bottom of a bin at Hancock's several years ago.  The fiber fumes had clearly got to me.

So, it looks like I started February with 8 projects (which is a miracle in and of itself) and I'm most likely leaving it with 5.  I don't have any else close enough to pull out at this point.

But you know what?  I'm really okay with that.

Here are the current standings:

Ravenclaw Socks
Ab-Fab Afghan
Wee Scarf

Nemesis -- 50 % (on hold until March is for Making Mates)
Dr. Who Scarf -- 40%
Amelia -- 20%
The Lotus Blossom Tank -- 5%
Watergarden Cardigan -- 5%

2 comments:

rathgrith said...

I start to get twitchy when I have less than 5 projects on the needles. I think you're doing great!

Unknown said...

You are such a BAMF. I am seriously impressed