Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Ugly Truth About the UFO situation

So, I bit the bullet and rounded up all of my knitterly UFOs, in order to begin preparations for "February is For Finishing." After piling 19 (yes, that's as in "Nineteen") projects on my bed, many begun over 2 years ago, I considered renaming the month "February is for Quitters who hide under their beds rather than face up to three years of accumulated unfinished crap"—but really, that's too long and not at all catchy.

Image hosting by Photobucket

After ruthless consideration, I've frogged and flung my way down to 8 projects that I intend to finish. At least three of them are major, large scale projects. And whose stupid idea was this anyway?

February is For Finishing:
The two shawls, the afghan and the poncho are each more than enough to be going on with. February isn't 'til tomorrow and I'm already feeling the onset of panic. Dude. There ain't no way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot! down to 8 now!

I'm working on a February is for finishing LJ post now. I'll be frogging quite a bit - including that fuzzy purple sweater I was making for Iris.

Go you!
And keep going!

H. R. Duby said...

I'm doing Branching Out, too, but as a scarf for one of my Student's 1st Deg gift.

I'm pleased with how it's turning out, but it's been a pain in my ample ass. :-)