Tuesday, January 17, 2006

2006 Knitting Olympics

Stephanie, aka "The Yarn Harlot," has proposed a challenge. She has declared "The Knitting Olympics" and dares anyone fool enough to follow her to cast on a project of olympic proportion on February 10th, and moreover to have it finished by February 26, when the Olympics are over. That's 16 days of hard core knitting time.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I, being fool enough to follow nearly anybody anywhere if there's knitting to be had, signed up at once. I have a little less than a month to train.....and I don't know what sport I'm competing in yet. What would constitute a goodly challenge for me to complete in 16 days? By "goodly challenge" I mean a project that it is physically possible to knit in that period. Those of you itching to suggest "Acura Cozy" can just shut right the hell up.

To date, I have knitted some wondrous, dare I say pre-Olympic feats. I made Rowan's Weasley in 8 days. I knitted the Flower Basket Shawl in 9 (I just finished blocking it last weekend. Pictures to be forthcoming.) I made Rhiannon's birthday shawl last year in about a week. I need a challenge. I need my head examined.

What to knit? What to knit....


2 comments:

GeekInThePink said...

Wow-knitting AND Potter references! Could you BE any cooler?! :o)

Unknown said...

gneh!
And you can quote me on that. I wanted to make John's socks, but I've already started them. It was the only thing I had with me last night - and there was Firefly.
What does that make us?
Big Damn Knitters, sir.

Anyhow...oh, krimeny, I don't know. I'll come up with something. I have some wool-ease and maybe enough to do a sweater. Hrmm...That might not suck.