Tuesday, December 29, 2015

FO: Nurmilintu

I actually finished this a couple of weeks ago, but it's been awfully December around here, with all of the attendant busy-ness that is normal for our family this time of year.  (Actually, there was all the normal busy-ness plus a little extra, if you count Rhi's graduation, and I certainly do.)

Anyway, all of which is to say, I've finished up Nurmilintu!  This was one of the projects that was a serious contender for my January 1 Cast On last year (I ended up going with the Denver Cowl, if you'll remember, in my Coffee Break Yowza Whatta-Skein instead).   I ended up casting it on in March during my "Pinks and Neutrals" period.

It's a great pattern - asymmetrical, garter (including the lace), and it handles variegation like a champ.  


I started weighing my yarn every time I finished a section - I wanted to see if I would have enough left over to knit an extra garter stitch and lace section.  Basically I wanted to use as much of my yarn as I could.  In the end I just knit to pattern though - I had enough left over to knit another garter section, but I really wanted to end on the lace, and that I did not have enough for.  


See that lace?  It makes such a nice edging.  I'm glad I decided not to go on to add more garter (even if I do have around 90 yards of leftover yarn.)

Project Notes

Pattern: Nurmilintu by Heidi Alander
Yarn: Rowan Fine Art in the "Chiff Chaff" colorway
Total Yardage: 345 yards
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm)
Started: March 21, 2015
Completed: December 8, 2015

No comments: