Sunday, December 20, 2015

Tidings of Peppermint Joy

When Rhiannon was very little, she misheard the lyrics to a classic yuletide hymn, and believed that the Merry Gentlemen in question were being offered tidings of peppermint joy.  

In that spirit, I started the weekend Thursday night at Starbucks with Koren, a Peppermint Mocha, and my sock knitting.

Peppermint Joy in Action

Then Carl and I celebrated our 16th and 18th anniversaries (married and first date, respectively) on Friday.  He's the best husband I've ever had and I'm keeping him.

Saturday and Sunday were spent shopping, getting a haircut and hanging out with Morgan, more shopping, thinking about baking (but not actually doing any) and of course knitting.

Taking a much needed break between Christmas shopping destinations

Christmas shopping the weekend before Christmas can be awful.  But if you go in with the right attitude, the right company, and a healthy sense of the ridiculous, it can be a lot of fun.

My life was empty and meaningless before I knew of the Tinsel Pig

In knitting news, my Christmas socks are moving along nicely.  One sock completely done and the toe well started on the second.  I rather like having a Christmas project that I can work on during the season, without any particular pressure to finish. I finished a pair of Christmas socks on Christmas day last year. I'm enjoying knitting these this year, and I'll enjoy wearing them next year.  (That's the great thing about Christmas.  You get one every year.)


So now I'm sitting in my living room, enjoying my tree, having a cup of peppermint tea, and ... watching Series 22 of Top Gear (3 out of 4 soothing things isn't bad, right?)


G-d rest ye, and let nothing you dismay.  I wish you tidings of peppermint joy this holiday season.

No comments: