Sunday, March 22, 2015

One of These Things is Not Like the Others

Jess' particular brand of March Madness seems to be catching.  I've really tried to be "good"* and work on projects that I already have on the needles, but I'm booooooored with all of that nonsense.  That stuff is SO LAST FEBRUARY.

Last night I was casting about for something new (ha ha) to cast on.  I thought about the Color Affection shawl that Koren, Jess, and I have been planning, but we're not quite ready to launch that one yet.  So first I started trolling patterns (like you do) and then I started looking at Knit Picks (like you do), when I decided to get aholta (technical term) myself.

So I went to my Ravelry queue to check out what I already decided to knit, largely out of yarns and patterns that I've already decided to own.  Crazy, non?

So I've cast on Nurmilintu by Heidi Alander.   I'm far enough into it that Morgan looked it over and declared that it's "Just like Hitchhiker, but without the poky bits."  As far as it goes, she's right.  There's lace later, though, kid.  Hold on for it.  I'm using a skein of Rowan Fine Art in the Chiff Chaff colorway, acquired last summer from Little Knits in Seattle.  (I didn't go to Seattle, mind you, just the website).  Do not click the link if you are susceptible to yarn fumes.

One of these things is not like the others...
So this week I've been working on my Pink!Monkey socks, my Pink!Hitchhiker, and then last night I haul off and cast on grey and brown?  I don't even know about myself sometimes.  

I definitely can't blame it on the weather.  It's Spring for real here at chez Woolly. 

Evidence of Spring
To celebrate the vernal equinox, Carl and I burnt off a metric ass-ton of brush (including three Christmas trees.  Who has three Christmas trees in their back yard?  I ask you.)  We also did some weeding back there, rescued some daffodils, iris, and lilies, and started pressure washing our back deck.   We managed to get most of it from black to green...so that's like progress.  (I'm exaggerating.  Slightly.)   The inside of the house needs spring cleaning too, but it was so nice to just spend some time outside.

This picture doesn't have much to do with what I was talking about.
It just makes me happy.
So that's my week.  Pink!Pink!Grey!  It's like a chromatic version of Duck!Duck!Goose.  Don't ask me, I just work here.

*And okay, that is a rant for a different post.  Why is having a lot of projects on the go at the same time a bad thing anyway?  There's not a blessed thing wrong with me having half a hippopotamus in the closet for two years.  My lack of project monogamy isn't hurting anyone.  So there.

No comments: