Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Case of Startitis

Apparently too much knitting monogamy is bad for you. That's the excuse I'm looking to use anyway. I'm at the point in the MS2 shawl where I will be adding edging until I die. In fact, I'll die, and I'll keep knitting the edging onto this shawl.

So, my current plan is to do at least 2 full repeats a day. That will effectively bind off 10 stitches a day. Until I die. Yup.

Image hosting by PhotobucketSo, meanwhile I've started a pirate sweater for Rowie, from Little Badger Knitwear by Ros Badger and Elaine Scott. There is serious cuteness ahoy.
I cast-on on Sunday and have finished two sleeves and about 1/3 of the back. Dude, I so rock. This sweater will be done before I die, yessirreebob, in fact it could totally be done before the four year old graduates from college from kindergarten. He is already highly enamored of it. You'll remember how excited he was about his Weasley sweater.

I've also begun the Gladd Raggs socks from the Six-Sox Knitalong. I'm using lang jawoll in a brown/natural ragg -- its groovy, it even comes with extra ickle yarn for the toesies and heel. Hee. Who knew that reinforcing yarn would make me giddy?

For yet another child, Morgan this time, I am planning a stripedy cardigan. I am loosely basing it off of a pattern in the 2005 Knit It mag. By loosely I mean "am totally re-working the directions, shaping and making up. In different yarn." This will be more of a "inspired by" project. I am pretty proud that I have progressed to a point in my knitting where I feel confidant enough to do that. Which is not to say that it will work, mind you, but I'm brave enough to try.

Rhiannon will be receiving a Flower Basket Shawl in the medium-gray Knitpicks Palette, and I'm comissioned to do another for a friend out of Midnight Alpaca Cloud. My queue is filling right back the hell up.

What happened to February is For Finishing you ask? Dude. Its March. March is for Making (New Things). Get with the times.

Okay so I totally intend to keep working on finishing things. Really.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I zee.
You haff a zeveeer kase uf schtartitis. We must amputate.
:P
No, really, I feel yer pain. I can't focus on that danged Schal either. (Hey, look, a German word!)
You should be mummified instead of creamated so you can finish your shawl.