Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Weasley is Our King!

I decided right after I finished up Morgan's last sweater, that I needed to make one for Rowan. Alas, the tiger sweater I knitted him when he was 2 is now entirely, officially too small.

Rowan: I want to wear my sweater!
Me: Honey, this sweater is too small for you.
R: It is? My tiger one?
M: Yeah, its just too little.
R: Will you knit me a new one?

At this point you have to imagine a winsome 3 1/2 year old boy doing "the cute trick" that Dot Warner was so famous for.

Me: Oh god! Not the eyes! They're too cute! Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!

(Okay, that didn't happen.)

Me: What kind of sweater do you want?
Rowan: A BIG one!

I decided that he needed a Weasley sweater after I noticed how much like Ron Weasley he looked in a photo I took of him and his sister.


"Ron" being hugged by some insane child in a funny hat Posted by Hello


Soooo....... On Friday, April 8 I cast on the back. At 2:00 a.m. on Saturday the 16th I bound off the neck. (Too tight, I might add. I fixed it after I got some sleep.) The point is, folks, I made an entire sweater in just over a week. 8 days. A sweater.

Go me.


And here it is:


A Very Weasley Sweater Posted by Hello


And modeled by its handsome and dashing new owner:


Weasley is Our King Posted by Hello

1 comment:

H. R. Duby said...

Holy gracious, does he look like Carl! Wow.

The sweater looks fan-tab-u-lous. Go you!