My current projects are (since I know you are dying to know):
- Weasley sweater for Rowan -- I've the back finished and am about half-way through the front. The "R" is coming along nicely.
- Slytherin scarf -- I have not worked on this since the Ostara gathering. It will be difficult to finish if I don't ever actually pick it up.
- Funky Mork from Ork Socks, er, armwarmer... erm.... things -- Okay, so here's the deal. I'm plugging away on my first sock with this groovy Rainbowedy sock fabric (that looks as though Mork would totally wear. Possibly on his head.) I am close to turning the heel and I pulled them on my foot to check 'em out. I learned that a) I have ginourmous fat ankles and b) funky rainbowedy rib looks kinda sucky all pulled out. At this point I have two options. Wait, no I have three options. Option the First: I finish the socks and give them to some person with slenderer ankles than I. Sarah or Rhiannon come to mind. Option the Second: I turn them into funky fingerless gloves. Option the Third: I bury them under an oak tree in the park (see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's At Knit's End: Meditations For Women Who Knit Too Much -- Review to be forthcoming).
- Athena's Cords -- There's a whole long story behind this, and I might even tell it one day. Suffice it to say, what I've got so far, I'll be frogging and trying something different.
- Cable Sweater -- Yup, I'm actually trying to make myself a sweater. Its a cabled deal, knit from the top down. It may be a magnificent and terrible failure. We shall see.
- Mitered Poncho -- Using "Red Heart Symphony" yarn. The pattern's fairly groovy, the yarn is soft, but still acrylic. I am developing serious yarn snob tendencies, folks.
I know I've a few other things "on needles" but since I'm not actively carrying them around, nor pretending to knit them, I'm not counting them here.
Right now I'm primarily working on the Weasley sweater, and (since I started it last Friday) feel fairly confident that I'll be not only finishing it, but finishing it soon. After that, its back to the poncho, or maybe the sock/arm/appendage coverings. Or not.