Tuesday, January 12, 2016

FO: Happy Christmas Socks

I have had a Great Sickness (by which I mean lingering and really annoying head cold) so actual creativity has been somewhat hampered by a head full of what feels like congealed oatmeal.   So in lieu of actual content, I present to you:  socks I finished two weeks ago.


I've decided that I'm starting a tradition (doing something two years in a row is totally a tradition, right?) of working on Christmas socks for myself during the month of December.  The object isn't really to have finished sock to wear this Christmas, it's to have lovely seasonal yarn and a project that makes me happy to work on during the holidays.

Just like with my Halloween socks (still on sock #2) the great thing about holiday themed socks is that most holidays come 'round every year.

In 2014 I finished a pair up on Christmas Day, which I couldn't have timed better if I'd done it on purpose.  These were finished on the 27th, which is still pretty darned perfect, if you ask me.

I am becoming a convert to the ways of the toe-up sock.  Now that I have discovered that it is possible to knit them where they actually fit, I'm as likely to go toe-up as top-down.  That's quite a journey from where I was in 2011!

Project Notes

Pattern: Double Gusset on Bottom Toe Up Sock Pattern by Carrie Ramirez
Yarn:  Simply Socks Yarn Company Poste Yarn, Striping in the "Jollyville TX" colorway
Total Yardage: 275 yards
Needles:  US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
Started: November 26, 2015
Completed: December 27, 2015

I posted a picture on Instagram when I finished these (like you do) and as a last second whim I double checked to see if the designer has an Instagram account.  She does, so I tagged her.  Apparently I made her day as no one had ever tagged her on something they were knitting that she'd designed before.  I'm so glad I thought to include her.  It didn't take more than an extra second or two of my time and it really made her happy.

It even warranted a shout out on her blog!


I just love how the little things we do can end up meaning so much to someone else, don't you?

No comments: