Thursday, February 05, 2015

FO: Mullspice

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single hat in possession of a good cable, but lacking suitable decreases, must be in want of finishing.

Or put another way, it's funny how fast things finish up when you pick them up and knit them, idnit?

This was the Mullspice Hat on January 31.

Coincidentally, this was also Mullspice on Oct 28, when the picture was taken.
And here is the Mullspice hat on February 3.

I have no idea why my hat is suddenly this color.
During the four months that I have been "working on this" I physically laid hands on the hat on six days.  Serious knitting occurred on three.  I can't even with myself sometimes.

As a side note, it's hard to get decent photographs of knitting during the week in the winter when you work an 8-5 gig in another city.  I should have just brought the hat to my office and taken a picture of it there.  

Project Notes

Pattern:  Mullspice by Alicia Plummer
Yarn:  Verdant Gryphon Traveller (DK weight) in the "The Bamboo Grove" colorway
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm) 16" circular, for the ribbing and US 6 (4.0 mm) 16" circular for the rest
Special Tools:  Brittany cable needle
Size: 22"
Started: October 27, 2014
Finished: February 3, 2015

See my Ravelry project page here for more (also mostly terrible) pictures.

So that's one down!  I've picked up Jess' Bestie cowl next, and this weekend I plan to gird my loins and rip back Rowan's sweater.  There will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.  And possibly some liquid fortification.  We'll see.


No comments: