Thursday, January 24, 2008

I can't help but think...

...that I would get more knitting done, if I spent less time playing with my blog.

Last night I used my google-fu and found this tutorial, where-by I learned how to modify my blog to three columns instead of two. I am inordinately proud of myself, and plan to fiddle with the settings for some time to come.

I am planning to have my Anti-OCD pink stripey socks finished before February, so that they will not be numbered amongst my UFOs. Some pre-February Finishing, as it were. I'm nearly to the toe of the second of the two. These socks have taken me surprisingly forever to knit. I barely picked up my needles during November (remember NaNo?) and then in December things exploded at my work. It was ugly — and I was too stressed out to knit.

So anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm back to knitting, and plan to hit February with a bang (although I do not promise that I will not also whimper.)

And to keep this from being a completely pictureless post, here's a recent acquisition (sock yarn isn't stash, I'm just sayin'.) I bought this to make a pair of socks for my eldest darling. She fell in love with it at, and how could I say no? I'm helpless against children who beg for hand knits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for confirming that. It has long been a fear of mine - that less knitting is associated with having a blog.

I am blog-free - which is a Yarn Harlot correction of my words about being blogless. But I have been thinking that more knitting would get done if I spent less time reading blogs. And your words confirm an unspoken worry about starting a blog of my own.
My own blog would mean I wouldn't only be reading knitting blogs, but also "other" blogs.

Happy knitting,
Janey
janeyknitting AT yahoo DOT ca