Saturday, July 11, 2015

FO: LUC Socks for Morgan

In between, around, during, and after all the remodeling going on around here, I've found a surprising amount of time to knit.  If I sit down for ten minutes, that's 3 minutes I'm checking Ravelry and sending Koren and Jess pictures of progress, and 7 minutes I'm knitting.

All of that industry allowed me to complete Morgan's new "LUC Socks" earlier this week.

Our grass is really a little high for this.  I swear we just mowed.
In case you're wondering what the heck an "LUC Sock" is, LUC is the "Lectora User Conference" -- it was in Nashville this year, and if you remember I cast these on specifically so I would have something to do while attending break-out sessions.


The first one flew off the needles but then I saw something shiny I guess (you know how it is) so the second pair languished for a bit.

Proud owner of a new pair of socks
These are plain-Jane vanilla socks, no muss.  The fanciest thing about them is the 1x1 rib I started them with.  (I have no idea why 1x1 ... I was on auto-pilot when I started the first one.  I normally default to 2x2, so I'm not sure where my brain was.)

The glamorous life of a sock model...trying to get grass off of her new socks.
Morgan likes them, they fit, and all is well.   #operationclearthesockneedles is well underway.

Project Notes

Pattern: Standard top-down vanilla sock, CO 64 stitches.  Loosely based on Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's "A Good Plain Sock Recipe."
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Merino in the evocative "2152" colorway
Total Yardage: 285 yards
Needles:  US 2 (2.75 mm) Knitter's Pride DPNs
Started: April 28, 2015
Completed: July 9, 2015

Current Stash Dash Standing: 1664 yards (1521 meters)

No comments: