Friday, February 01, 2013

February is For Finishing 2013

After a very successful January, I'm left with eight projects on the needles.  I started with fifteen, and after I finished four and frogged three more I'm ready to hit February hard and fast (like your mom.)

So anyway -- here's what's left, from oldest to newest.

1.  The Watergarden Cardigan.   Started March 2008.  I've got maybe 4 inches knit.  I am not frogging this one, because I do want to knit it.  Someday.  Hell, maybe even this year, but it won't be in February -- my goal lies elsewhere.















2. The Fourth Doctor.   Started September 2008.  This and the Watergarden Cardigan are the last two "old projects" I have left.  I'm going to finish it this February.  This is me saying it out loud.  I will finish it, by gum.  I'm 40% in right now (I have a spreadsheet that says so.)















3. Knitting in Red.   Started March 17, 2012.  (Note the four year gap.  This is not because I stopped knitting, it's because I started finishing.)   This project is a meditation on change and on personal growth and fulfillment.  It's also a spell.  I'll pick it back up, but I'm not quite there yet.















4. Catching Dreams for Baby.  Started March 2012.   This is a cutie baby blanket.  I know a number of cutie babies that it might go to, or I might keep it at my house for said cutie babies to drag around while they are here.  I've 14 of 25 squares done.















5. Mitts for Rowan.  More about these later.  (They'll warrant their own post, as I'm wanting to write up the pattern.)  I'm about 60% - 65% in.  These will also be finished this February.















6. Drop Stitch Scarf.  Started October 2012.  I'd been looking for something to do with the gorgeous handspun that my sweet, good friend Summer gifted to me.  This was the perfect pattern.   I'm not far into it yet, maybe 5%?















7. Ripple Afghan.  Started December 2012.  I decided that I needed to undertake the art of the tacky crochet afghan.   I was greatly inspired by Lucy at attic24 (she's charming).  I am 50% done.  The first half was finished in probably 3 weeks, but I set it down when I started finishing up old knitting projects.  I kind of love this blanket.  It's swell.















8. Summer Halter.  Started January 2013.  More on the crochet kick!  My dear friend Erin reminded me of the summer top that she'd designed for herself.  I'm working on making my own.  I'm not sure how to categorize the percentage, maybe 25%?  I have two boobs, and nothing else.  (There's a "your mom" joke waiting to happen.) The color in this picture is all wrong,  It's really a happy, springy green.















So there you have it.  I'll do the mitts and the Who Scarf for sure, and then we'll see how much time I have left to work miracles when that's done.

I will point out (loudly and often) that once the Dr. Who scarf is done I will only have ONE (count them... one) project that is older that a year.  Hot damn.

3 comments:

Keely said...

I've used that exact same ripple afghan pattern. Except that it's possible that I chained a million extra and made it even bigger than I meant to. I like yours better than I liked mine, because the colors are better.

Bekah M said...

Thank you! I'm using Knitpicks Brava. Several of the colors were on clearance during their cyber Monday sale. I'm pretty much teaching myself how to crochet as I go along. It's fun!

Wodentoad said...

I feel with all the babies that come to your house, you should have a soft and snuggly blanket or two for them to play with. Heck, you should have a box of soft things. You're gonna end up as Grand-Bobby.