Saturday, September 03, 2011

Operation Knit All the Things

So far "Operation Knit All the Things" seems to be very successful.   I cast on another gift today, and am already nearly half way done.  I feel like a BOSS.   I am going to try really hard to finish it tomorrow.

Okay, three more months of no pictures and saying "it" and "the thing" is going to get real damn old.  Maybe I'll come up with clever code names for everything -- that will help!
  • So far I have one thing finished for Miss Snarfblatt.
  • I am right at half way done with the gift for Marmalade Lady-pants.
  • I am going to make fingerless mitts for Saucy McGoogles.
  • Little Miss Awkward Potatoes is getting a hat/scarf/mitten set.
No, no ... that's still pretty ridiculous.

How do other people blog about their Christmas knitting?



7 comments:

Cindy said...

Well, a lot of my gift knitting ends up being for Katie, who doesn't read blogs, or for other people I know who aren't knitters, in which case I usually talk about it on Ravelry.

Knitting for Heather or some of the ladies in our community is more difficult because we all read all the same stuff everywhere. Still, I'm able to do some things if I just don't even mention that it's a gift, and people don't even know. Like the double-knit gryffindor bag I gave you a couple years ago? I posted about it on Rav, had pics up and everything, and just never told anyone but Heather that it was for you.

That's harder to do with some things than others... Like if I were making, say, a scarf with Heather's name done in colorwork, I couldn't really post about it anywhere, or at least not with pics, because then she'd know it was for her (unless I tried to convince her it was for one of the other five Heather's we know).

Unknown said...

Vaguely. I vague it up big time if I can help it and, failing that, prevarication and deception are my allies.

Bekah M said...

I have to admit, I do kind of enjoy the whole nickname thing. I'm nearly done with Signior Mountebank's gift, and Comrade Twinkle-toes' present is coming along nicely.

Cindy said...

You are a crazed knitting machine, apparently! I'm still trying to finish a thing and then figure out other things to start for other people, and I have no idea how I would come up with names for most of them if I wanted to.

Bekah M said...

I figure this can't last, but I'm riding the wave while it does.

Also, turns out that I don't knit slowly, I just only ever knit with Lace and Fingering weight yarn. Go figure! I had this moment last weekend where I felt like a little kid using the big pencil when I picked up a set of size 6s.

Cindy said...

I'd almost love to see you try to knit with the 19s I used on my dad & stepmom's scarves. :)

Bekah M said...

Haha -- well, I've moved all the way up to size 10.5 for Comrade Twinkletoes.