Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sweet Merciful Bob in Knitpicks

So, I've counted my UFOs, in preparation for February is For Finishing.

People, I need some sort of intervention.

Please excuse the crappy picture, there's no light in my room.

I am starting this process with 25 UFOs to my name. TWENTY. FIVE. Many of these have appeared in previous years' lists, and some of them were on the FIRST list, back in 2005. Which is ridiculous. Something needs to be done.

(I swear I do finish things. Honest.)

So, on to the actual list.
  1. Halloween/Samhain Mystery Shawl
  2. Red Heart Afghan, started in the early 00's
  3. Ab-Fab Afghan
  4. Winter Marigold (current sock club sock)
  5. Dr. Who Scarf
  6. Arabella
  7. Blue Triangle Headscarf
  8. Flamin' Fingerless gloves
  9. Wee Toe of a Sock
  10. Socks that Wanted to Be Mittens Instead
  11. Water Shawl
  12. "Blue" Kerry Shawl/Blanket
  13. Mandala Shawl
  14. Mystery Swan Lake Stole
  15. Soleil
  16. Cheeto Socks (Gentleman's Fancy by Nancy Bush)
  17. Clapotis
  18. Amelia Cardigan
  19. BSJ (Baby Surprise Jacket, not Bloody Stupid Johnson)
  20. Pink and Grey Stripedy Socks
  21. Sooper Sekrit Surprise Projeck
  22. Checkerboard Twist Socks
  23. Eala
  24. Watergarden Cardigan
  25. Awkward Red Thing
Many of these projects are not long for this world. At least two are very nearly done (Eala just needs blocking, and the Blue Headscarf just needs a tie and binding off). I'm past the heel on my second Sock Club sock (go me!)... so it won't be quite as bad as TWENTY. FIVE. by the time February actually starts. I actually frogged two shawls this morning, because I knew that I didn't want to finish them.

So, once things are Frogged and Flung, the list is a little more manageable.
  1. Ab-Fab Afghan
  2. Winter Marigold (current sock club sock)
  3. Dr. Who Scarf
  4. Arabella
  5. Blue Triangle Headscarf
  6. Flamin' Fingerless gloves
  7. Wee Toe of a Sock
  8. Socks that Wanted to Be Mittens Instead
  9. "Blue" Kerry Shawl/Blanket
  10. Cheeto Socks (Gentleman's Fancy by Nancy Bush)
  11. Clapotis
  12. Amelia Cardigan
  13. BSJ (Baby Surprise Jacket, not Bloody Stupid Johnson)
  14. Pink and Grey Stripedy Socks
  15. Sooper Sekrit Surprise Projeck
  16. Checkerboard Twist Socks
  17. Eala
  18. Watergarden Cardigan
The Bloody Stupid Johnson Baby Surprise Jacket may yet get ripped, and so might the "Blue" Kerry Shawl.

Good gravy, that is still a lot of stuff. Now I just need a strategy.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I have 21 (including sewing projects) plus 2 baskets of mending that I've been meaning to get to for at least 2 years.

I think you should finish your Arabella for sure, and I'm finishing mine, too, and so it'll be like a continuation of that arabella kal from ages ago when we both started them!

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of the snowball approach. Fling and Frog that which can be Flung and Frogged, then First Finish the stuff that's quickest and easiest to get your momentum going, and then tackle the bigger things.

Bekah M said...

@ Wintermoon -- Perhaps. Arabella is definitely on the UFO list. It could happen.

@ Jess -- your idea has merit. Although...that's pretty much what I always do, and directly related (perhaps) to the fact that I still have an Ab-Fab afghan on needles six years later. Pffft. IDK, I need a plan.

Andey Layne said...

I refuse to even *look* at mine. Don't have time to knit on them anyway.

Miss you.