Wednesday, September 26, 2018

VH1's "Where Are They Now?" 2018 February is for Finishing Edition

Last year I started a new tradition (you can tell it's a tradition, cuz now I'm doing it for the second time - that's totally how tradition works) of checking in to share where I am with the projects that were on my "February is for Finishing" list. 

So let's do that!   This past February I had seven projects on my list.  Six "real" projects, and one "doesn't count" project that I keep counting.

1.  Let's start with Schrodinger's Blanket (until you open the box it is in a constant state of either being a WIP or not being a WIP... geddit?).  It's official name is my Hogwarts Studies Blanket, and I'm really not much farther than I was in February.  We're in it for the long haul with this guy.



I think I might have added one or maybe two more squares since this was taken, but this is pretty much where we're at.

2. Frisson.  June 23, 2017 - February 10, 2018.   This was one of my February is for Finishing victories.   I love this thing - I knit it out of Miss Babs Keira, which is a heavy fingering (almost sport weight) yarn.  I wore the heck out of it last winter, but apparently didn't ever take any modeled shots.



3. Caramel.  August 2, 2017 - August 7, 2018.  This baby only saw action during "break months" in the Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup.    Turns out if you only work on a sweater one month out of every four, it takes a minute to get done.  It was August in Tennessee when I finished this beauty, so most of my attempts at a modeled shot were sweaty and disappointing (rather like some of my early attempts at dating, actually).


4. ROYGBV.  August 5, 2017 - March 28, 2017.   I successfully made toe-up knee-high socks, using a the Double Gusset on Bottom Toe Up Sock by Carrie Ramirez as a start, and then just winging it on the calf increases.  I love them, and I used up all but a tiny smidge of the yarn.

 

5. Charms OWL: Torquata.  January 1, 2018 - March 25, 2018.  This is another shawl (wrap? stole?) that I wear all the time.  I have a cute tank top that goes with it perfectly, and it makes for the perfect summer outfit when you want a cover-up for over air-conditioned buildings.



6. Big Magic.  January 1, 2018 - February 18, 2018.   Hey! Another February Finishing victory!  These socks were a test knit of the Non-Euclidean heel for a designer friend of mine (I met her at SSK, and I think she's swell).  The heel is clever and comfortable.  A++ would knit again. In fact, I did.



7. Dappled Sunlight.  January 21, 2018 - March 7, 2018.   Another really wearable piece.  This was a lot of fun to knit, and I really like the Cloudborn Fibers Highland Fingering.  It's toothy without being unbearably scratchy.   It's a wool's wool, ya know?




So there you have it.   The scrap yarn blanket is the same as it ever was (more or less) but everything else from last February's list is done like dinner.

Which begs the question... does February is for Finishing still make sense for me?   I currently have two blankets in progress, a sweater, a shawl, and a pair of socks.  The socks and the shawl are both on track to be done within a week or two, and the sweater is this Term's OWL.   I don't really have UFOs anymore.

Am I cured?

(Immediately looks around for lightening to strike).

No comments: