Friday, February 05, 2016

FO: Laurelhurst for 25000 Tuques

My second February is for Finishing success is the Laurelhurst hat that I'm knitting for the 25000 Tuques project (click through for more information).   I'll send this one along with the Barley I knit in January.  

Laurelhurst is quick, cute, and has just enough going on to keep it interesting.  In other words it's practically perfect.


I have an embarrassment of Wool of the Andes in my stash.  Leftover bits and bobs from various projects (the Fourth Doctor Scarf being chief amongst them), and a few odd balls here and there.

This hat is pretty much perfect for that kind of situation.   It took the better part of a full skein of the Grey, and a wee smidge of the pink, and that's yarn well used and out of my stash.  



Project Notes

Yarn:  Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Dove Heather and Pink Posy Heather
Total Yardage: 121 yards
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm) and US 7 (4.5 mm)
Started: January 17, 2016
Completed: February 3, 2016 

No comments: