Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Community Quilting

My local (and regional) crafting group, Crafts of the Wise (or CoW for short) has been working on a community quilt for our religious organization to raffle for a fundraiser. We started it two years ago, and I think its time to finish that bad-boy.

This post is not about that quilt.

Our friend the (blogless) Cindy decided that my niece Sarah needed a quilt for graduation. She put together some scrap blocks set on point and passed them out to Sarah's friends, family, teachers, ROTC peeps (do they still call them peeps?)....

Anyway, Jess and I each donated a block, and the three of us got together last week to start putting the top together. It wasn't quite finished yet by the time they left here, but a lot of good work got done, and dudes, we had fun. (The embroidery was done by Jess, by the way.)


There was a party for Sarah that I didn't get to go to (had to work) but I'm given to understand that she really liked it, and was amazed that so many people signed it without her finding out.

So, the moral of this story is: Cindy rocks, and crafting together is fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Alright, let's finish it then.

Yes, crafting together is loads of fun and sometimes we need a bit of a push to do it. Cindy the Blogless is a pusher. Go Cindy.
Oh, the party was fun and I managed to finish up the top JUUUuuuuust before Sarah got there. As in, minutes before. Go me.
I need to blog. I'm slacking again.

Cindy said...

aw geeee, shucks. I can't believe I just found this. I am no longer blogless. I have two blogs on here, but I need help to figure out how to do more than the very most basic posts. My crafty blog is gonna be www.craftingbalance.blogspot.com and then there's one about homelife (mostly on the organizing inside and out kind of thing) that's at www.moonlitramblings.blogspot.com

Anyone wanna tell me how to to more stuffses on here? *hint hint*

Oh, and if I'm a pusher, then lemme just push to see if we can do another daylong quiltalong together. I could really use some help to EITHER get that quilt for Sarah basted and quilted and edged, OR get that other quilt for that other person put together (blocks aren't finished, needs some machine applique, and then then the whole top assembled). I really kinda need that one done by Sept. 7 (top only) Wanna help? Jess? Kade? Anyone? (Beuller doesn't sew)