Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Promised Pictures

I don't have any new content, but this new post will have what the last two did not... pictures!

Seems like I promised pictures of my Toe-Up Dancing socks. For some reason (change in gauge? tension? star charts?) the two socks turned out to be more... fraternal twins. You can tell that they share some basic genetic material, but they aren't whatchacall identical.

I like 'em though.

I had to have the obligatory "sock self portrait yoga" pose. And of course, an "action shot."

And because my husband fancies himself a humorist, a "before" shot.





The end is nigh for the Glad Raggs socks. I think that they are going to be some of the nicest (certainly most complima-cated) socks I've ever knit. As I've mentioned before, I altered the original pattern (which is sadly, no longer available. For reasons of her own, the designer had the file removed from the 6-Sock Knitalong site. I dunno why, I didn't ask.)

And last, but not least, a very purple sleeve. More pictures as the project progresses. (And other words beginning with "P")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're really bookin' on the Gladd Raggs now. I've made some progress on the Mock Croc, but I think I'm still distracted by spring. Must. Finish. Projects!
Some of my raw wool had poop on it. Guess what's mulching in my garden?
poke Go looka me blog.

H. R. Duby said...

Ooooh, purty-ness. Miss you lotses!!! I'm blogging more here: http://kelshei.blogspot.com cuz folks on LJ are in-duh-viduals in the main.