Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Silly Knitter

Rhiannon came home from the library the other day with news that a knitting group meets there on Tuesdays from 4-6. She really, really wanted to go, so I took her. We both had a pretty good time. I helped her get started on a Kool Wool scarf (not perhaps the very best choice of yarns, but she loves the color, and we already had it.) Anyway, I taught her how to Purl yesterday and she took to it immediately. So, she's making a scarf in stockinette, with garter stitch borders. I'm a proud mommy.

In other news, I'm a goober. I decided that I felt like working on lace, and I won't get another clue for my Mystery Stole until Friday. I've got about 1600 yards of a cinammon color (again. I own other colors of yarn, I swear.) worsted weight yarn. Its Plymouth Encore color 1922, if anybody cares. Anyway, I pulled out Martha Waterman's Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls and Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls and started hunting. There are two shawls in the Oberle book I want to knit, but they both call for 2200 yards, and I decided that if I'm going to make an heirloom lace shawl I'm gonn by golly do it in 100% natural fiber. The Plymouth Encore is an acrylic/wool blend.

So, I started the "Kerry Blue Square Shawl" from the Waterman book yesterday. I'm such a ninny.

1 comment:

H. R. Duby said...

Don't you know that you own all that fabulous cinnamon colored yarn because you are dying to make -me- something, and I look -fabulous- in cinnamon? *smirk*

Seriously though...

Love you and miss you lots! I just came by to see iffin you were updating here any more regularly than LJ. I'll drop you an email.