Friday, February 07, 2020

Wherein our knitter shocks no one and knits all the things

In my usual fashion I'm working on ALL THE THINGS this week, meaning that I'm seeing little to moderate progress on several different projects, rather than any kind of real progress on just one.

Image result for knit all the things
actual picture of me

Look, you knew I was like this.  And it's not like I hauled off and cast on a bunch of new stuff like I did last year.   (It's also not like I started the month with only four WIPs like I did last year either, but that's neither here nor there.)

Hitchhiker was the clear winner of my attention and affection this week, going from 22 teeth up to 30.  My spreadsheet (you knew I had a spreadsheet, right?) says I'm 52% done.  If I can average around 17-ish % a week, I'll meet my goal of finishing this in February.


Years of personal experience and a recent deep-dive into the Yarn Harlot's back catalogue are keeping me from declaring this "a piece of cake" or a "done deal".  Nor will I make references to lemons and the squeezing thereof, lest I call down the wrath of the Knitting Goddess.  She has no truck with hubris, and will smite a knitter faster than Icarus can yell, "Hey y'all, watch this!"   But I like my chances.

Also - this yarn is wild, y'all.   It's red in the cake, green knit up, brown outside, and grey in my office.  I mean, I know what you're going to say -- you're going to start in on me about natural versus artificial light and how that impacts photos.  And while you are right, I would like for you to explain to me why the colors are actually different IN PERSON WITH MY VERY OWN EYEBALLS.  Chameleon yarn, yo.

I've also made nice progress on my Study in Peach Mint socks.  (I should have cast them on earlier.  It's my fault, guys.)


Other projects that saw a little action include my Exploration Station, my "art of creating comfort" afghan and...


...check this out.  My Hogwarts Studies Notebook is back in action.  I have vague hopes of finishing this friend in 2020.  I figure my chances are improved if I work on it.  Crazy, no?

No comments: