This year I am starting the month with 10 projects on the go. Interestingly, four of them are crochet projects. I used to be crochet-curious, but now I think you can actually call me bi-craftual.
I'm not entirely sure what my strategy is for the month -- I know I want to finish my Oregon Socks before the Olympics start. I'm not playing by my usual rules this year, since the Winter Olympics are in Sochi this time. I'm planning to cast on and knit a pair of rainbow socks, "BECAUSE OF THE GAY," as my dear friend Jess so eloquently put it.
Here's the list:
1. Watergarden Cardigan. Yeah. Again. I know.
2. Knitting in Red. This bad boy's been in hibernation since before last February.
3. Ripple Afghan! I started this handsome fellow December of 2012. I plan to finish it soon.
4. Sarah's Gnomes. This will be a (overdue!) gift for my niece Sarah.
5. Emelie. This is meant to be a short sleeved cardigan. I'm not sure if it's really destined to be or not.
6. Circles to Squares Afghan. When I saw the (then new) Lion Brand Heartland yarn, I fell in love with the colors.
7. Oregon Socks. My sister and my husband and I went "home" to Oregon last August. It was lovely and awesome, and so good to go back and reacquaint myself with the land. These were my travel socks. I need to finish up sock number 2.
8. Multnomah. I brought this with me to Oregon too. And then we went to Multnomah Falls. I tried to pass it off like I was an awesome planner. Nope, just lucky.
9. African Flower Bag. This is me messing around and trying to use up old stash.
10. Happypotamus. Because there is nothing about a crocheted, multi-colored, funky, hippopotamus that is not awesome. This is the back legs and the octo-butt. I promise that there is a hippo in there. Really.
Well, there you have it. This is what I have on the go as of this morning. Last year I only had 8, in 2011 I had 25, so I'm calling this year a solid B+/A- going in.
More to come as I begin to kick finishing ass.