Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How's the finishing going my chickadees?

It's going swimmingly over here at chez woolly. I am making great strides towards finishing my Man Sweater — the back and left front both completely done and the right front is thiiiiiis close. After that it's sleeves and making up, and voilá! a sweater!

In celebration of all of this nearly done-atude, I've been feverishly searching for the Next Great Sweater Project. Also, my best Jess is right about at the same place (or a little ahead) of me on her Man Sweater, so we've started talking about our next 'along. We're thinking of knitting something for each other this time. So, a future post will be published regarding my plans for the future. Stay Tuned!

P.S. March is for Making Mates might be a bust this year, as I'm focusing pretty much all of my energy into my sweater, and haven't actually finished any socks. I don't have any "Plain Jane" socks on needles right now, just two Nancy Bush patterns. These are less well suited for travel knitting. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've failed. Remember I told you at the party that I was applying the rules to all of my crafts instead of just knitting. Well, I finished two projects the first weekend of Feb and that's great, but then I got weak. I bought a couple strands of really great, leaf-shaped beads and they just would not let me rest until I used them in a design. I had a brand new project started before I could even think about what month it is! "Oh noes!" I cried, but it was already begun. At least I went ahead and finished the necklace that night.

Unknown said...

We seem to be neck-and-neck with the man-sweater. In fact, I'm thiiiis close to the neck on the right side. I don't think I'll finish it in February (darned intellectual pursuits), but the meadow socks are looking good. I'm to the gusset of the second sock on those. Since they're for little feet, they should go pretty quickly. I've been progressing on the weaving as well. Block #2 is about 75% done or so. I'm bringing some yarn to wind this evening. Did I tell you I got my wool back? It's lovely. I could just roll in it.