Friday, September 22, 2006

Chaos is Come Again

Its finished. Done. Kaput. Through. The End Times are upon us, and I finished the Ragnarok Shawl (formerly known as the 2nd Mystery Shawl).

I have to tell you, I'm glad I did it. I learned a lot, and its a lovely shawl. That said I will NEVER EVER NEVER (I feel very emphatic on this point) NEVER knit the thing again. When I grow up and design shawls they will not have three feet of cast off edge across the top. No indeedy.

Here it is in its pre-blocked, just-off-the-needles, dental floss state. (Please to ignore the funky mattress under the shawl.)



And here it is a-blockin' -- And now that I look at the picture the left hand side is pinned a bit crooked, but I'm not going back to fix it now.

Project Specs:
  • Yarn: Knitpicks Shadow 100% Merino, Oregon Coast colorway, 1.65 hanks (approx. 700 yds.)
  • Needles: Addi Turbo circulars, size 7
  • Pattern: Mystery Shawl 2 by Renee

And the only reasonable response to finishing such a momentous and large project? Just a little bit of a Flower Basket Shawl. You know, just to take the edge off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it *was* in the queue...

GO YOU!! We should totally get a picture of the both of us with these dag-blasted shawls. Yours looks to be about as hyoooge as mine. 'Cause mine is totally huge. I didn't have enough bed to block and my bed is a Queen.

At last, the MS2 chapter of your life is over. You can move on to bigger and better things.

What's that? No, of course I'm not stocking up on end-times supplies... (hides gallon of water and batteries behind her back)
-Jess

Sandy said...

The shawl is absolutely beautiful!