Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Longish While

It has been several months since my last post. While I have been silent, I haven't stopped knitting...exactly.

Here's what's been going on. In May, my dad (and one of the chief readers of this blog) died of a long and protracted illness. I am so very glad that he is no longer in pain, but I needed a little time before I was ready to come back here.

In other news, I was promoted at work to an Ops Lead position. This means more money (hooray!) and less time to knit at work (boo). By less time, please understand that I mean "none."

So there you have it. I'm still alive, still kickin', still knittin', about to learn spinnin' (thanks Jess!), and fixin' ta get back into quiltin'.

And that's all the news that's fit to print.

Oh wait, and one other thing: Rowan (of the adorable sweater-grubbing) has started Kindergarten. He had his little pre-Kindy-garden test today and they said he did very well and they were looking forward to having him. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rowan will do just fine in Kindergarten. He'll love it and the structure will be good for him.

Anyhow, it's good to have you back. I miss you both in the Blog-world and in RL. Stupid 2nd shift. It bites me in the arse every time.

Let me know if you need any help spinning. I've been a spinnin' fool lately. I have no idea what gauge this is going to be, but it will be verra purdy. I can't wait to see how the black spins up (you're welcome). I already want another bag of roving!

If you'd like to borrow my camera, no worries my knitterly geekly friend.

Anonymous said...

Hello and welcome back from a lurker and fellow knitter. So sorry to read about your dad. I hope his memory will continue to inspire you.

You inspired me to start the pirate sweater for my 6 year old. (he insists that it must be black, with red trim. I talked him out of having "gold coins" sewn around the collar, but he too has teh mojo and may change my mind) The back is done and I am ready to tackle the front. (Intarsia not my fave thing in the world either). I came across a post somewhere in the ether which I can't find now wherein the poster said that when she knit the same sweater, the motif ended up off center and she thought the pattern was at fault. I tend to "trust the pattern" Have you experirenced this?

Thanks for any words of wisdom you can provide, and looking forward to more posts

--Elizabeth