Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pre-Olympic Jitters

Well, I haven't finished anything else. I have made some progress however. My green tank top is coming along nicely, and I guess I better find the pattern soon so I can do the shaping. I've also been working on Morgan's Cardigan. I engineered the shaping for the cardigan front neck(s), and figured out a button-hole that would suit my purposes. I have the second front about 1/4 of the way done. Then I have sleeves and the making up.

Meanwhile, in Harlot-town and Torino both, the Olympics are starting tomorrow. Which means my other finishing efforts are going to be set aside until the MS2 is complete. I am rationalizing thusly: Stephanie allowed for swatching, and I figure if something's swatched then its started. Therefore, the MS2 qualifies for both events. Tidy, eh?

I'm not feeling an overwhelming landslide of finished-ness. I keep repeating to myself "You went from 19 UFOs down to 7....today is February 9.....this is a marked improvement.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm all nervous too! In fact, I'm winding the yarn into balls now. Did you see? Four *thousand* knitters across the world will be casting on today and knitting their best! I am so excited!