Sunday, November 11, 2007

Knitting in Public

Two of my dear friends were married yesterday, in a lovely little ceremony at Cannonsburgh Village, here in Murfreesboro.

Wedding receptions being what they are (interminably boring) I instructed my son to bring a book, my daughter to bring a notebook and a pencil, and I brought my current sock-in-progress. We were all playing to our strengths.

Anyway, there I was with Jess standing around and knitting on our respective socks (like you do). Mingle, mingle, knit, knit and a friend says, "Is this some sort of sock-knitting cult?" I turn around and there is Koren, working away on her Nagini sock.

I swear we didn't plan it.

(And you would think that someone at the wedding would have had the sense to take a picture of three women standing around, in all our Shakespearian glory, knitting. But if they did, I haven't heard about it.)

2 comments:

tekopp said...

So cool :) I love not being the only one KIP'ing, and you guys probably were a magnificent sight :)

Unknown said...

It was kind of all right, the three of us standing there knitting. I even wore my Ragnarok shawl ("did you make this? --Why yes, yes I did - and *never* again!"), though it was cool enough that I've decided I need a stouter shawl for such an occasion. You know, pretty, but sturdy and warmer.