Saturday, February 09, 2019

Bad at Playing My Own Game, or FO: ain't I a woman?

Once of the key tenets of this whole February is for Finishing lark is "do not cast anything new on during the month of February." 

The point of the entire business is to double down on the work basket, and clear it out.  Casting on new projects is the opposite of help. 

Image result for i do what i want


This year I seem to be breaking all bonds with tradition, and flying the face of the rules that I made up.

That's how we do it here at chez woolly.

February is Black History Month (in addition to being dedicated to finishing), and Google's daily doodle on February 1st honored one of my personal heroes, a woman who was a bad-ass extraordinaire, Sojourner Truth.


I happened to have a skein of DK weight MCN in stash from Birch Hollow Fibers, in the colorway "Sojourner."


#noregrets, I cast it on.  The timing was perfect, and I really wanted something soft, beautiful, and meaningful on my needles.  (Not that having more Christmas socks isn't meaningful, but it's totally not the same thing.)

The whole business knit up in just a few days (I knit over half of it yesterday, in fact) and I couldn't be more pleased.   I cast on the Twixtmas Cowl by Louise Tilbrook, and the texture is just perfect for the variegation.  It did this cool striping thing that I'm really charmed by.


So charmed, in fact, that I immediately popped it on, as soon as I wove in the ends, even though it doesn't even remotely match my shirt.

I love the selfie filters on my camera phone.

Project Notes

Project Name: ain't I a woman?
Pattern:  Twixtmas Cowl by Louise Tilbrook
Yarn: Birch Hollow Fibers DK MCN, "Sojourner" colorway
Total Yardage: 226 yards (almost the full skein - I only have a smidge left)
Needles: US 9 (5.5mm)
Started: February 1, 2019
Completed: February 9, 2019
Ravelry Project Page: here

Glad I got that out of my system. Back to my February is for Finishing list, now, eh?


Yeah, about that...

No comments: