Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The World's Gone Wild

This week I've developed a weird and intense love-hate relationship with Twitter.  The world's gone wild, and it's like watching the slowest, most ponderous trainwreck.  You can't look away, but nothing's happening. 


There's no toilet paper in the middle-Tennessee area; flour, sugar, and meat are in short supply, and pasta is a dim and distant memory.

But on the bright side, there was a sale on wine, so we're well stocked there.


I'm working from home now, as are many of my close friends.  Which is pretty cool in one respect -- they've specifically asked us not to turn on our web-cams or use video streaming, due to the load on our servers, so that means conference call knitting is happening.


How are things where you are?

2 comments:

CyberMathWitch said...

I have chosen to see this as the Universe easing me into the "work from home" transition. Ideally, I'll develop the routine/pattern these last three weeks working from home for the Old Job that I can carry over into doing My Own Work afterwards.

It's confusing the hell out of the dog, though. And Brian's 6-2:30 schedule bites.

So far we have all our food needs covered? But I'm low key trying to figure out the best way to proceed for next week, because we didn't (and don't plan to) stock up shop to help ease the load on the supply chain. I will probably be leaning more towards small businesses the next few weeks, but I'm okay with that. Also, did you know that Uber Eats is offering free delivery on independent local restaurants?

Bekah M said...

Nod nod -- I definitely agree about small businesses (I may or may not have ordered some yarn from Haus the other day.) I did see that about Uber Eats! Well done, them. We're also fine for food, at least partly because Carl is a good and inventive cook who grew up with food-scarcity. (Rowan and I are going to go on a bean boycott though before this is all over. I can sense it.)