Sunday, January 31, 2016

Annual Airing of the WIP Pile: February is for Finishing 2016

I present to you a listing, by cast on date (oldest to newest), of my current works in progress.  

1.  Knitting in Red - March 17, 2012.  I've started working on this again -- just a row or two here and there.  I have an eye towards finishing this up during Stash Dash this summer.  I'll may work on it a bit during February, but I won't be pushing to finish it this month.
     

2. Circles to Squares Afghan - July 9, 2013.  One of the great things about the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup is that you can turn in individual blanket squares for classes.  I've just got one more of the big squares and a handful of the little ones left and it'll be ready to assemble.


3. Cosy Stripe Afghan - January 1, 2015.  I'm farther along than this picture would have you believe -- just shy of  50%.  I am also targeting this one to finish during Stash Dash.


4. Monkey - March 2, 2015.  I don't know why I haven't finished these. I don't have a good reason, lest it be that starting each DPN with purl stitches is a righteous pain in my hind-end.  This is the first sock in this pair. 


5. Serra - March 24, 2015.  This is the only sweater I have on the needles right now.  It's a cute, top-down affair with contiguous set-in sleeves.


6.  Life, the Universe, and Everything - August 1, 2015.  I cast this Hitchhiker on during my birthday month last year when I turned 42.  I have two goals for this: that it have exactly 42 teeth, and that I finish it by my 43rd birthday.


7. That Orange Stripe Tho - October 2, 2015.  These are all done save the last kitchener.  I'll wrap these up and turn them in for Detention tomorrow.


8. For the Potions Master - January 1, 2016.  I am really digging the way the colors are playing together in this wrap.  I'm breaking my rule just a little bit about knitting things I know I'll wear (I mean, I think I'll wear it ... ) but this is a bit of a process knit.  It may end up being a little big to wear easily, but I plan to give it the old college try.   This has to be done by March 31, so I'll be spending a fair chunk of my February knitting time on it.


9. Laurelhurst - January 17, 2016.  I'm making this for 25000 Tuques.  I plan to finish this one up pretty quickly so we can get them mailed off.



10. Zombody Loves You - January 24, 2016.  Also for the House Cup, like Lilli Pilli (that's "For the Potions Master" above) it has a March deadline.  I'm planning to finish these in February too.



11. Crocus vernus Socks - January 24, 2016.  I'd love to also finish this pair in February -- but I recognize that is a stretch goal.  I aim to at least finish the first sock.


And there you have it -- eleven projects, nine of which were cast on during 2015.  I feel good about my standings.

My game plan going in is to finish the Halloween Socks, Laurelhurst, and the Zombody Loves You Valentines socks.  I'm also going to get a fair stretch further into Lilli Pilli -- say, 70% or so, and finish at least one Crocus vernus sock.  I'll also make one or two more squares for the Circles to Squares Afghan and turn them in for points in the House Cup.

That sounds a trifle ambitious, doesn't it?  Well, in any case, I'll be ending the month with more finished objects than I started -- and ultimately that's the point.

No comments: