Sunday, March 08, 2015

Longing for Spring

I am so incredibly over winter I cannot even.  It was in the 60s today (that's Fahrenheit, hashtag; strugglingwiththemetricrevolution hashtag: temperatureishard), and there is snow and ice on my back deck.  Mother Nature is on a beach somewhere sipping adult beverages -- the kind with umbrellas in, you know the ones -- and she's left her crazy half-sister Marge in charge of the weather.


"Have some snow! Have some ice! It's 60 degrees! I'm a firetruck!"

I've cast on a pair of wee socks for my dear Bu (the youngest daughter of my best Jess, if you wanted to know).  I made Jess a pair of socks with this yarn last fall, and I had about 30g left.  Should be plenty to make some tube socks for a toddler.  It's Patons Kroy Stripes in the "Meadow Somethingorother" colorway (ball band is in the other room, and I cannot be arsed to go look).


Phoebe has declared the yarn "fuzzy, but not too fuzzy," and I'm given to understand that she thinks having socks like mama's would be silly, but not, presumably, too silly.

The fact that they are the color of childhood, happiness, candies, and unicorn fewmets doesn't hurt anything either, because I am ready and beyond ready for spring.


Carl and I spotted these in the grocery store last weekend and we both instantly bee-lined for them.  They are all a little worse for wear now, but we'll be able to plant them so we can enjoy them again next year.  Carl doesn't buy me flowers that often -- which, don't get me wrong, is fine, dude brings me coffee in bed every morning and I'll take that over flowers any day of the week.  But when he does buy them for me, it's like this.  Spontaneous, and in a pot so we can plant them later.  Perfect.

In other knitting and crochet news, the Cosy Stripes blanket is hovering at nearly 30% done (I have a spreadsheet), and Rowan's sweater has the beginnings of a sleeve.  Neither look enough different to warrant another picture.

I've also spent some time working on projects that I can't really blog about yet.  One of them went to it's recipient today, so I will likely to a post on it later.  The other is still in process, so I'll just be irritatingly cryptic and say that I did some stuff, and I really like how it is turning out.


No comments: